More about AP
First two weeks In May, AP students take examinations designed by the College Board. If students score a “3” or above on this examination, they will be eligible to receive university credits for the subject(s) in which they have demonstrated proficiency.
Plus, Manual Arts High School will grant high school AP credit to students who both successfully complete the course and take the AP examination. This high school AP credit will add a point to the student's grade point average (GPA) for each AP class. For example, a B normally counts for 3-grade points. However, in an AP course, the B counts for 4 grade points.
College Board Resources
- For more resources, visit the College Board Main Page: College Board Main Page Link
- The College Board has some helpful resources that clarify the differences between AP: College Board Counselor Link
- YouTube also has a dedicated channel for Advanced Placement Courses: YouTube AP Link
- You can check the exam schedule for your class 2024 AP Exam Schedule
Manual Arts High School offers the following classes for our students:
- AP Biology
- AP Pre-Calculus AB
- AP Calculus
- AP Chemistry
- AP 2-D Art and Design
- AP Drawings
- AP African American Study
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Physics 1
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP United States History
Enter your text here...